On behalf of the Board of Directors of the National Nurse Practitioner and Residency Fellowship Training Consortium (The Consortium), I want to share with you the news that our Founding Executive Director, Dr. Candice Rettie, has announced her plans to retire in August, 2019. As all of you who read her blogs or worked with her on your accreditation know, Candice has been one of those remarkable Executive Directors who is capable of both strategic leadership and getting the hard work done of launching and growing a new organization. We are deeply grateful to her.
Under her leadership we have:
- Accredited seven NP postgraduate training programs in CT, MS, NC, NY and WA; with additional programs from OH and WA undergoing review for initial accreditation; and 2 programs in the process of renewing their accreditation;
- Designed an innovative, experiential, web-based site visitor training program that culminates in being an observer during an onsite visit. By the end of the current course, we will have trained 16 site visitors from CT, MS, NY, OH, RI and WA;
- Established the dues-based membership program focusing on networking and building our community through a dedicated, members-only website that is fully integrated into the public facing website;
- Hosted the First Annual Conference and are preparing for the second, reaffirming the Consortium’s position as the thought-leader in NP Postgraduate training; and
- Advanced the Consortium’s pursuit of recognition by the US Department of Education.
Of course, we are now focused on identifying and recruiting the next executive leader for The Consortium. Please take a moment to check out the Position Posting and feel free to forward it on to anyone you think might be a candidate for the position.
And don’t forget to register for our 2nd annual conference in Indianapolis —
See you in Indianapolis,
Margaret Flinter, APRN, PhD, c-FNP, FAAN, FANP
NNPRFTC Board Chairperson